More reasons to love zucchini! These zucchini chips are are a yummy and healthy snack, and super easy to make. A handful of flour helps preserve the texture, and create a bit of crust. Roasted with garlic, these chips are rather irresistible!
I have not tried making these zucchini chips with gluten-free flours. I suspect any grain flour like rice, corn or buckwheat flour will work, as long as the flour is fine enough to adhere to the zucchini chips during mixing and roasting. I will do some experiment and share in a later post.
ROASTED ZUCCHINI CHIPS
MAKE 4 servings PREPERATION 5 min ROASTING 15 to 20 min
- 4 baby zucchini (courgettes), sliced into discs about 5mm thick
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 handful of plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. In a large bowl, mix the zucchini pieces, oil and garlic and oil, then sprinkle the flour and stir the zucchini until all the pieces are thinly coated. Discard unused flour.
- Spread the zucchini pieces onto a large lightly oiled baking tray. Roast for 10 minutes or until the vegetable has visibly shrunk a bit.
- Set to the oven to grill for about 30 to 60 seconds or until the chips are slightly crusted. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt to taste.