10 MINUTE RECIPE / VEGAN / DAIRY-FREE / GLUTEN-FREE
February 13, 2021
Tender blanched spinach is juicy, sweet, bright and beautiful. This Chinese spinach salad takes only a few minutes to prepare, yet is packed with the goodness of dark green leaves, garlic and nut butter. A big bunch of raw spinach will make only 2 to 3 helpings of this salad, an easy and delicious way to boost your leafy green vegetable intake!
Spinach with Tahini and Garlic Dressing
MAKE 2-3 servings PREPARATION 5 to 10 min (incl. BLANCH 1 min)
VEGAN / GLUTEN-FREE / QUICK DISH
- 1 bunch of spinach (300 to 400g), washed
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- goji berries (optional)
- salt to taste
- Soak the goji berries in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the spinach in a large pot of boiling water until the stems are soft and bright green, about 1 minute. Cool immediately in cold water and drain. Cut the spinach a few times to break the long stems. Transfer into a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, add the garlic, vinegar, tahini and salt into a bowl and mix well. Add a tablespoon of warm water if needed to help thinning the tahini.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach, mix and serve.
- To tender blanch the spinach, boil a large pot of water to ensure the high water temperature can be maintained when adding the spinach, which is crucial for completing the blanching process quickly, therefore preserving the color, texture and nutrition of the spinach.
- You can replace Tahini with peanut butter or cashew butter. The flavors are slight different but equally wonderful. Just make sure you use a real nut or seed butter with no additives.