5 MINUTE RECIPE / VEGETARIAN / DAIRY-FREE
January 28, 2021
A Chinese twist on Egg-and-toast. A warm and delicious option for a sugar-free and dairy-free breakfast or snack. Works great with full-bodied multi-grain bread.
EGG AND TOAST STIR-FRY
QUICK DISH / VEGETARIAN / DAIRY-FREE
MAKE 2 servings PREP 5 minutes
- 4 slices of multi-grain bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- pinch of salt (if using no salt bread)
- Lightly toast the bread (not necessary for firm bread), cut the bread into bite-sized cubes, transfer to a bowl and mix with the eggs.
- In a large pan or a wok , sauté the spring onion in hot oil on high heat, add the toast and egg mix, toss quickly and constantly until the egg solidifies.
- Continue to stir the toast cubes until very little steam can be seen rising above the wok, and the egg coating is golden. Pinch of salt to taste.