Last Updated August 12th 2021
Fresh, tender light but no lack of flavors, this quick broccoli and shrimp stir-fry is always a crowd-pleaser at our dining table.
BROCCOLI AND SHRIMP STIR-FRY
MAKE 2-4 servings PREPARATIONS 5 minutes COOKING 5 minutes
- 1 head of fresh broccoli florets, break into large bite-sized florets
- a dozen of raw shrimps (fresh, thawed or frozen*)
- 1 cup of stock (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp potato starch mixed with 6 tsp of water
- a few drops of sesame oil (optional)
- Steamed the broccoli florets on high heat for 2 minutes or until tender and bright green, remove from the heat*. While the broccoli is being cooked, heat the stock or water in a small pot until close to boiling point.
- Heat a wok on high heat, add the oil, sauté the garlic for a few seconds until fragrant, add the shrimp and stir fry until the shrimp start to turn pink, about 30 seconds. Add the hot stock or water, bring the liquid to a boil.
- Stir the liquid in a circular motion while very slowly pouring in the starch mix until the liquid is visibly thickened (but not too thick). Discard any unused starch mix. Add the broccoli florets, toss a few times to mix, transfer everything to a dish. Serve with rice.
- Ideally thaw the frozen shrimp in a sealed bag in the fridge overnight. If using shrimp that are still frozen, rinse off excessive ice and separate the shrimps under cold running water, then pat dry before stir-frying.
- Get all the ingredients ready before heating the oil. If you need more time to prepare after the broccoli florets are steamed, run them under cold water to prevent yellowing.