June 2nd, 2021
These light and airy zucchini chips are roasted with just garlic. A handful of flour helps to keep the zucchini tender and create the golden crust. Yummy, healthy, and super easy to make!
You can use regular flour, or corn flour to make it gluten-free. I haven’t tried any other flours for this recipe but I suspect any flours would work as long as it can adhere to the zucchini chips during mixing and roasting. Please share if you have tried other types of flours, and how they turn out.
ROASTED ZUCCHINI CHIPS
VEGAN / DAIRY-FREE / GLUTEN-FREE OPTION
PREPERATION 5 min ROASTING 15 min
- 3 zucchini (courgettes), sliced into discs about 5mm thick
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 handful of plain flour (or corn flour)
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C / 392°F. In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, oil and garlic, then sprinkle the flour, stir to mix until all the zucchini pieces are thinly coated.
- Spread the zucchini pieces onto a large lightly oiled baking tray. Roast for between 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetable has just cooked through.
- Set to the oven to grill/broil for 30 to 60 seconds until the chips turn golden color. Salt to taste and serve immediately.