5 MINUTE RECIPE / VEGAN / DAIRY-FREE / GLUTEN-FREE
January 30, 2021
Crushed cucumber salad is a easy Chinese classic with many variations. This recipe is a scrumptious combination of fresh cucumbers and peanut butter. Once crushed, the cucumbers are ready to soak up the dressing and tend to stay tender and moist for much longer than knife-cut cucumbers.
CRUSHED CUCUMBER WITH PEANUT BUTTER
5 MINUTES / VEGAN / DAIRY-FREE / GLUTEN-FREE
MAKE 2 servings PREP 5 minutes
- 4 baby cucumbers or 1 large cucumber
- 1 heaped tbsp of peanut butter or sesame paste (tahini)
- pinch of salt
- Press the side of a large kitchen knife firmly onto the cucumbers to crush them one by one. If using a large cucumber, peel it and cut it into 3 equal sections to make it easier to crush.
- Cut the crushed cucumbers into bite size, transfer to a large bowl, add a pinch of salt, mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter or tahini with 2 or more tablespoons of warm water until a runny paste is formed. Pour over the cucumbers and mix well.
Leave a Reply