Last Updated Dec. 15, 2021
7 Ingredients I 10 Minutes
A mouth-watering chicken salad in a classic Chinese savory salad dressing and ready in minutes. This is one of my favorite chicken salad for lunch and dinner when I am in a hurry.
Use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. Check out the easiest way to cook a whole chicken, a simple and fail-proof traditional Chinese way to make a very tender whole chicken (or drumsticks or chicken breasts). The cooked chicken can then be used in portions to prepare multiple chicken salad dishes such as this one in an instant). You can use store-bought pulled chicken pieces, but I don’t find them as tender as my home boiled chicken, so I always cook my own.
SIMPLE PULLED CHICKEN AND CARROT SALAD
MAKE 4 servings PREP: 10 min COOKING: None
- 350g (12 oz) of pre-cooked chicken
- 2 to 3 medium-sized carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- chili oil (optional)
- Pull the chicken breast or drumsticks into thin strips. Thinly slice the carrots with a peeler (you can grate the carrots, or slice them with a knife, but I find a good peeler is the fast and easiest way for salad-perfect carrot slices). Thinly slice the onions with a knife if using.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, serve.
- Use the listed amount of ingredients for the dressing as a starting point, and adjust them to your taste. This is one of those dressings that everyone seems to prefer a slightly different mixing ratio to get a tangier, hotter or saltier version.